For your information, please see the P.S. 184Q Homework Policy. This policy will be reviewed by the SLT in the early Fall months.
- Homework reviews and reinforces work already taught in school.
- Reading and written homework is assigned daily for all students including weekends.
- Homework addresses the Common Core Standards for literacy and math. Students are expected to read and sometimes respond to text at grade level or on their own reading level (if necessary to meet individual needs).
- Homework is reviewed promptly by the teacher or peers. Students on the upper grades are taught to check some homework as a group or individually.
- Holiday homework will be assigned to all grades. Grade 3-5 assignments will help students prepare for NYS common core assessments in ELA and Math. This homework is highly recommended.
- Special projects and/or reports will have intermittent deadlines to pace student work. Teachers will monitor student progress towards deadlines.
- Homework may also include the use of online systems such as RAZ Kids.
The following is an estimated time frame for reading and writing homework by grade:
Thank you for your support in ensuring that your child completes HW daily.